On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Mon 2008-08-25 09:12, Shawn Walker wrote:
>
> Well, Function.  This requires being able to define a Function before
> the mesh geometry has been defined.  I haven't looked at the
> implementation, but perhaps this could be done by explicitly setting the
> element Jacobian to the identity.

ok, so instead of modifying the mesh.xml format, one would just read in
another function.xml that would later be used in computing the element
tensor?  So, in this sense, the higher order coordinate information for
each triangle would be viewed as some extra coefficients that
Tabulate_Tensor would use in computing the local FE matrix.  This way, the
only thing to modify would be FFC (and UFC maybe).  In other words, when
you assemble the form, you MUST pass this additional function to assemble?

This sounds good, but I am not completely sure.

- Shawn