Hi Mike!

> So how does this cope with structural chnages. An Element and all of
> the children may be added in a single rearrangement, an element may
> not have a document when it is being built., and the document may be
> chnaged after the element is added, or many other different ways to
> disturb the structure.

I agree that this could happen if branches would be build without
documents or branches from other documents would be added. But I think
there are different scopes of use. And if you want to use full
namespaces support for XPathes you need to build your document in order.
In addition you always have the chance to add namespaces by yourself to
the context if you do some special operations.

If we want to support all cases of structure changes and removes it will
be really costly. I think this would be overdone.

> Surely if there are 10 definitions for a given prefix and 10 prefix
> definitions for a given namespace and they are all different then that
> woul be a problem wouldnt it.

Not really. For an xpath you could use each of them. The point for me is
to have the chance to have all namespaces with prefixes that could be
needed by an xpath for the given document (or branch). And in most cases
you have only the ones from your document and this will be better as for
example use all namespaces from the namespace cache wich means the
namespaces from all documents that where created since the vm start (and
this will result in many problems with doubled prefixes).

--
Viele Grüße / best regards

Marc Pellmann (Software Architect)

inubit - integrating your business and IT
inubit AG
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
D-10785 Berlin
Fon: +49.30. 72 61 12-132
Fax: +49.30. 72 61 12-100
Freecall: 0800-go inubit
Web: www.inubit.com

Vorstand: Dr. Torsten Schmale
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Wolf-Dieter Klemt
Registergericht: AG Charlottenburg
Registernummer: HRB 80154