Hi Gang,

I am NOT a new fan club member, but new to the internet!

Although I have seen the Dolobies in many concerts up and down the coast out
here in California, the first time I met the Doobies was about 4 years ago
when they played at L. A. County Fair in the horse racking tracks infield.
Brought to mind a 3/4 day concert at Del Mar race trakc in about 1980 where
Patrick did one of his jump down from the stage and 'mingle' with the
audience (and all those yellow coated security guards tood....!).  Anyway
back at the meeting event.  I had made friends with another fan club member
who had a back stage pass, but I was in a wheel chair and the security guards
wouldn't let me in.  Mike, the fan club member, went back stage (which was
only some blackout curtains) and got Big Mike.  He came out and listened to
what I said and turning to the security officer demanded why I hadn't been
let in.  The security officer stammered something like he was only told to
let 'family members' in.  Which Mike came over to me and asked the security
officer, "What!  Do I have to tell you she's my sister or something?"  I then
followed Big Mike in and met Pat and Tom.
The next meeting was at the Las Vegas Fan Club Weekend.  The group and this
Club is great!  I look forward to hearing from you and sharing jmoint DB
experiences.

And Dobster:  glad to hear you wiggled your toes (was that keeping the beat
to a doobie song filtering through your healing mind?) and the surgery was a
success so far.  Keep up the healing and the groving........you can do it!

Karen in California