Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>

>> Now, bearing in mind I can get a 34 refund on Vista Home Premium,
>> that's 16 for 1GB RAM and a 160GB upgrade on the hard drive!
>>

> How much is the shipping likely to be given the value of the laptop?
> And who chooses the method (and cost) of shipping when Acer return it,
> which you pay.
>
> Seems to me Acer are deliberately trying to dissuade you from applying
> by charging you postage both ways.
>
> BTW, http://www.racketware.info/ doesn't have any UK entries, so if
> you write-up your experiences, they may be interested.  Also,
> http://www.racketware.info/index/#antoine was against Acer, but it was
> in France.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for that - I have submitted my experience to the site along with
details of how to make a claim in the UK.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.

--
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/  irc://irc.blitzed.org:6667/dorset