On Saturday 14 November 2009 21:39:12 Andrew Drapper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several old computers, all beyond it. a P2 and a dead Celeron 2.2 I
> have very little spare cash. Should I upgrade the main-board and
> and processor or by something second-hand from ebay?
>
> What do you recommend to run something like Ubuntu 9.10 and may be to begin
> to use to rip and serve DVD to and oldish TV.
>
> Andrew Drapper
>
> www.Bible-Matters.com

I have a motherboard with a twin CPU setup and a pair of CPU's sat in it (don't
know what they are as I have not taken the fans off to look). The motherboard
is Tyan Tiger 230, details below

http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tiger230.html

I must be honest I don't know it it works even but it is yours if you want it?

Tim

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/