I have been aware of the client, but for the cost of the electricity a
commercial account is better. I have a sensible domain name as well.
Simono
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Dennis" <cgden...@btinternet.com>
To: "Dorset Linux User Group" <dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Dorset] Recommendation.

Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> Couldn't make it last night; travelling back from Bristol was tiring and
> dangerous, so I didn't fancy another round.
> This morning I took delivery of my HomeHub2.0 router, bought for £25 new
> off e-bay(rrp£90).
> To my dismay, it doesn't support DynDNS services, so my web site was shot.

DynDNS doesn't necessarily require router support -- you can run a
service on Linux or Windows to keep the dynamic address up to date.

HTH

Chris

--
Chris Dennis                                  cgden...@btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2010-01-05 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/