Hi Clive,

> just tried that command but reported:
> scanimage: sane_start:error during device I/O
>
> It does not appear to be powering the scanner, I'm on mains power not
> battery.  Xsane can 'see' the scanner as it gives a choice between
> webcam or scanner, but then waits, goes grey and reports as originally
> said above.

It couldn't be something as simple as the Scanner needing a power
supply independent of the USB could it, or are you already powering it
from a "Wall Wart" or "Brick in a Rope" ?

I have read the rest of your's and Ralph's conversation, I can't add
anything there I'm afraid as Ralph will well understand ;-(

Good luck Clive.

--

Cheers Peter

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2010-01-05 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/