Victor Churchill wrote:
> 2010/1/5 Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk>:
>
>> Hi Marti,
>>

>>> I won't be there, but I am laughing at your predicament...  We've had
>>> almost non-stop snowfall since New Years' Eve
>>>
>>> http://www.cbc.ca/ottawa/traffic/FrameSet.htm
>>>
>> I went to Dorchester's Waitrose tonight, like normal.  No bread.  Not
>> even those small horrible ones that look and taste like bird cage
>> lining.  The lady said that they'd had a full stock but it all sold out
>> this morning after people got up to hear news of impending snow and
>> panic bought.
>>

> Heard on the local news tonight, a shopkeeper saying people had been
> panic buying essentials -  she was sold out of bread, something else
> ... and whisky.

Well, I've barricaded the doors and have a couple of rounds ready in the
shotgun - no one's a-takin' my whiskey!

Seriously, a few inches of snow and the country is in turmoil. You'd
think most people would be able to survive a week or two on the extra
pounds they piled on over Christmas!

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2010-01-05 CANCELLED -- snow
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/