On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 19:21 +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks for including me. Pls let me know re any meetings in Bmth. Am
> > also looking for (printed) handbk on Ubuntu.
>
> Welcome to the mailing list, Ron.  There will be a Bournemouth pub
> meeting in February.
>
>     http://dorset.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=meetings:pub#the_king_s_arms
>     Next meeting at Bournemouth: Wednesday 2010-02-03 20:00.
>
> There's normally an email or two giving a reminder sent to the mailing
> list nearer the time.
>
> As for an Ubuntu handbook, I don't have a particular recommendation.  I
> know there are various ones in print.  And perhaps some are also
> available to download.  Alex Bebb found
>
>     The Official Ubuntu Book, 4th Ed.
>     http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Ubuntu-Book-Benjamin-Mako/dp/0137021208/
>
> which covers version 9.04 of Ubuntu but 9.10's now been released.
> Perhaps one of the others on the list can recommend something?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph.

See You in February. There is no Printed manual for Ubuntu. Ask Your
questions here, if you can't find them in the Forums or the Ubuntu Wiki
Documentation.

eg. In Kubuntu 9.10, I used to have a printer, Laserjet 5M, but it now
doesn't work, I have removed it and re-installed it, and checked all the
connections,

and get "There was an error during the CUPS operation:
'client-error-document-format-not-supported'." when I try to do a self
test.

Any body else had similar problems? I suspect one of the upgrades.

Peter M.

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2010-01-12 20:00 *New date*
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/