2010/1/9 Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk>:

> As for an Ubuntu handbook, I don't have a particular recommendation.  I
> know there are various ones in print.  And perhaps some are also
> available to download.  Alex Bebb found
>
>    The Official Ubuntu Book, 4th Ed.
>    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Ubuntu-Book-Benjamin-Mako/dp/0137021208/
>
> which covers version 9.04 of Ubuntu but 9.10's now been released.
> Perhaps one of the others on the list can recommend something?

This recently became available as a free download [1]
It is by the author of 'Ubuntu King Fu', and at foirst glance the
contents look quite good. I have not read the book as yet, it is in a
huge and growing 'reference' pile on my desktop...

[1] http://digg.com/linux_unix/Free_Ubuntu_Pocket_Guide_Available_for_Download

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2010-01-12 20:00 *New date*
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/