Hi

I'd be interested to hear of any list members' version control software
experiences. As a long time CVS'er who's realised that it looks to be
heading towards extinction, I've been looking at the latest generation
of distributed VC systems. Initial experimentation with Git haven't been
encouraging - changes pushed to a remote repository with a working copy
end up getting creamed, which appeared to be such utterly broken
behaviour for a DVCS (or any VCS) that I'm surprised it's gained as much
traction as it has (Googling around, plenty of others seem equally
incredulous at this feature). I've a bit of experience with Subversion,
but hanging around for an hour for repository updates, as a result of
tags resulting in full-blown copies, pushed me towards DVCS's. Currently
exploring Mercurial as a possible worthy alternative to Git - any user
feedback on these or any others (Bazaar, Monotone, Darcs etc) much
appreciated.

Tim

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tue 2010-03-02 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413