Hi Peter,

> # Generated by sensors-detect on Fri Jun  4 09:09:42 2010
> # Chip drivers
> it87

That's what this 8.04 machine uses too, so it looks like mine will stop
working when I upgrade.

> When I run the box in XP mode, speedfan picks up four or more
> temperatures from different chips. So I know it is not the BIOS that
> is a problem.

Agreed.

> ACPI: resource it87 [0x295-0x296] conflicts with ACPI region IP__
> [0x295-0x296]
> ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use
> it instead of the native driver
>
> Now. How do I get  the ACPI driver?

Wait an Ubuntu release or two?  I think it exists upstream and will flow
down in time.  Meanwhile, there's a `acpi_enforce_resources=lax' option
you can add to your kernel line on booting.  sensors(1) may then work.
See comment 2 on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/418246, and perhaps
toggle the "This bug affects me" flag at the top of the page.

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-07-06 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413