On Saturday 07 Aug 2010, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> If I've a directory, ./foo, and I want an ISO for burning to CD, I do
>
>     mkisofs -r -J -T -o foo.iso foo
>
> and then burn the ISO to CD.  It can have problems if the filenames or
> depth of directory structure are such that the various CD standards
> can't cope, but in my case foo contains compressed tar files so it
> doesn't happen.

Maybe that is why K3B can't cope with data when Peter does his backups.  If
so, then any kind of archiving/backup utility that creates compressed archives
would probably solve the problem in a GUIish way, eg he could use Simple
Backup Suite, (which creates archives containing only text files and a big
.targz), and then use the K3B GUI to write it to CD.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413