Hi Terry,

> Of course it's not so much fun, but my Netgear Stora
> (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SNBCSQ/ref=oss_product)
> probably works out cheaper.  By the time you've bought the
> Sheevaplug, the hard drive and the USB caddy, there wouldn't be much
> change from the £108 the Stora is selling for today.

True.  Although I was thinking the Sheevaplug, or something similar, may
be useful for other tasks over time.  Despite the Stora running Linux, I
didn't see much community effort at getting something on there that
would keep up with security updates, etc.

> Of course there are down sides but I reviewed my box on the website
> recently if you're interested (no link; the server seems to be down).

Thanks for pointing it out.  I told the admins and they've restarted the
relevant Xen instance AIUI;  it was out of memory.

    http://dorset.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=articles:netgear_stora_ms200

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413