I've got drives back to Win3.11 living in boxes I bought on eBay. These
can be stripped of useful data and bounced via a floppy to an XP machine
for transmission to something current.
I really don't have any very, very old Linux drives hanging around.
The most modern OS that the dual drive 3.11 machine can handle would be
w2000 or xp. I could probably put a tiny Linux partition somewhere.
But why worry.
W2k is enough for the Royal Navy!
Simono