I wondered if there was a linux equivalent to Laplink, and Amazon offers
one called PCsync that mentions linux under the OS's available. Reviews
are dead against it, and it seems to be USB based. And US of A only.

While looking it up I came across the comment that 2 windows XP/2000
PC's can be connected as network machines over a parallel laplink
cable.

I have one if that is any use.

Peter