On 23/09/10 22:25, Dan Dart wrote:
>> Let others volunteer to be guinea pigs.  :-)
> Oh, me! me! me! Pick me!
>
> I install betas occasionally and see if they're good enough in a VM.
> As soon as they are I use them full time. And make sure everything is
> fixed before release day (submitting bug reports etc) THEN being
> confident of being able to use the stable system.

VMs are for scaredy-cats - I installed Maverick Meerkat on my desktop a
week or so ago!

That said, I do daily backups and my desktop machine is hardly what you
would call 'production'.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth? TBD, Wednesday 2010-10-06 20:00