Hi Bob

On 24/09/10 08:38, Bob Dunlop wrote:
For hardcore embedded systems programming there's really no choice, Gentoo
all the way.  No other system lets you set up an entire cross development
tool chain and library for a custom target with a single command.  I've
currently got six cross development environments installed on my work machine
and a further three at home.  Deleting them is likewise a single command so
I only keep the current working set.

That's interesting. I'm now at the end of week two setting up a gcc/Newlib toolchain for m68k (on Debian). Most of the pain has been in figuring out how to avoid Newlib's I/O and reentrancy overhead, for very memory-constrained targets, but the initial build sequence wasn't straightforward either. How would I do this with Gentoo?

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth? TBD, Wednesday 2010-10-06 20:00