On Wednesday 08 Dec 2010, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> On 08/12/10 17:36, Terry Coles wrote:
> > I think I asked the wrong question (or the right question asked wrongly).
> > What we really want to do is to burn a disc that consists of the TC ISO
> > (which will rarely change) and add some additional scripts/config files
> > (which will change frequently) at the same time.
>
> So presumably one possible solution is that you simply re-author the ISO
> image for each updated version?

That's how we were thinking when started this.  The trouble is that authoring
the ISO for TC is a bit convoluted and we don't want to do it every time we
change a script.

We also want it to be posible for others to add the modified scripts using the
TC core ISO as the starting point.  These 'others' may only have access to
WinBlows, so we really need a simple way of creating an image by somehow
drilling into the core ISO.

> Or am I missing the point again?

Nope, I just don't explain myself very well.  What we want to end up with is
an almost bog-standard TC Live disk that includes those packages (extensions
in TC speak that we need by default.  The half a dozen or so scripts will then
be included somehow so that they run when the Live disc boots.  We will then
harvest the O/Ps for processing on a separate machine.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00