Hi Peter

On 19/02/11 18:09, Peter Merchant wrote:
My ZYxel wireless USB stick has been working at 16% signal strength, and
my neighbour suggested that I try a Belkin one as he had a good signal
(albeit on W7).

I borrowed a Belkin F5D7050 which is quite an old one and I get a
marvelous 42% strength. It dropped right in without any reconfiguration.
Before buying an old one I wondered if I bought a new one supporting
802.11n as well as 'b', whether it would work under Linux.

Does anyone have any experience of 802.11n devices in Linux?

I am using a Draytek 802.11n USB stick, which uses a Realtek RT2870 radio. Drivers are available on the Realtel Wiki. They required a few minor hacks (2009) - if your Belkin uses the same radio I can stick my notes on the Wiki.

Cheers

Tim

Regards,

peter M.

--
Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-03-02 20:00

Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-03-02 20:00