On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 09:31 +0000, Tim Allen wrote:
> I'm in the process of upgrading a Debian box to Squeeze, and on startup
> it is hanging while loading modules/drivers (2.6.32). Problem is, the
> start of the problem has flown off the screen before I can see it.
> Nothing written to /var/log/dmesg at all. C-s/C-q no help. Is there a
> way of stepping though or paging a startup?

I don't know of any way of doing that.  However, if you have another
computer you could set it up as a serial console.  Alternatively, if you
have a parallel port printer around that prints plain text there is also
a parallel console option.

For serial console, add e.g.:
  console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400n8

For parallel console, add:
  console=tty0 console=lp0

...to the kernel command line.

Tim.
*/

Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-12-06 20:00