Hi Ralph

On 25/11/11 18:41, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

So it's the IDE controller driver. Any suggestions very much
appreciated.

Build the libata module with ATA_{,VERBOSE_}DEBUG?

     http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.1.2/include/linux/libata.h#L52

Well, I'm going to try to avoid that route! This 16 year old machine only has two jobs to do - run Bind and every night, rdiff-backup. I'm halfway through the upgrade now (installed new kernel and udev from Squeeze). Would it be reasonable proceed with the rest of the upgrade but stick with the Lenny 2.6.26 kernel?

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-12-06 20:00