On 16/08/2013 08:58, C A Wills wrote:
On 16/08/13 08:30, Terry Coles wrote:
On Friday 16 Aug 2013 08:19:29 Terry Coles wrote:
I almost forgot.  This is quite a good resource:
http://www.linux-laptop.net/
Hmmm. Having looked at the offerings on that site, there doesn't seem to be any thing posted more recently that a couple of years ago (on a five minute scan).

Perhaps it's not a good as I thought.

Agreed. Just spent a few minutes looking at several makes and have not found anything current, I think there was one at Ubuntu 11+ but most were pre ver 9. Marked site as a checking place should I get problems with whatever I get.
At moment I'm not closing the lid down but that's not very 'portable'!
Feel a trip to Portsmouth coming up but after I see Ted next week.
I've got approx 4 weeks to find a replacement before next trip to CH.

Before anyone buys a laptop with win 8 pre-installed....Aren't MS bios-locking vendors' hardware to toWin 8?

--
P.Lane
Poole