This is driving me nuts!  As part of my WMT Captive Portal project I want to
add a message to the bottom of the Home Page; a copy of which is at:

http://www.hadrian-way.co.uk/WMT_Webserver/WMT/

After visiting W3C Schools, I found that using font tags is now deprecated in
html and so I should use CSS instead.  I therefore added the following to my
index.html file:

msg {
        font-family: "Arial";
        text-align: center;
        font-size: 5vw;
        font-weight: bold;
        line-height: 3vw;
        color: blue;
}

and in the body of the code I wrote:

<hr>
<msg>To return to this Menu, please use your device's back button</msg>
<hr>

The problem is that I cannot get 'text-align: center;' to work!  I can change
every one of the attributes defined in my msg definition and observe the
expected change, but changes to text-align have no effect.

Please point out my (no doubt) blindingly obvious mistake.