I have just installed (separate) temperature and humidity sensors connected to a Raspberry Pi 2 in my summerhouse. The values from both sensors are oscillating in parallel: looking at values over an 8 hour period, max-to-min is typically 14 minutes and min-to-max is typically 24 minutes. The sensors are being read by a One-wire protocol and are serially connected by Cat5 cables to a DS2490 USB adaptor. The humidity sensor is fed by an external 5v source, and the temperature is passive.

The only other electrical device in the summerhouse is a new freezer. A previously installed temperature sensor (different from the current one) did not exhibit this behaviour. This seems to implicate the new humidity sensor, but I can't think how. Can anyone suggest a reason for this regular oscillation?

TIA

Graeme

--
Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-11-06 20:00
Check if you're replying to the list or the author