Ralph, Terry, thanks for the replies. Further information:
Sensors are Hobby Boards DS18S20 and Sheepwalk SWE3 humidity sensor. They are located in a well insulated summerhouse, and are read at 2 minute intervals. Values are written directly to a PostgreSQL database, and I analysed the readings by extracting them to a spreadsheet. The variations are typically 2% humidity and 0.2 degs C, not much in the scheme of things, but very noticeable when graphed over 24 hours. Yes, the freezer was there before the change. I've just turned it off to see if its operation has an effect (memo:remember to turn it on again!).
Lets see what happens.
Graeme

--
Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-11-06 20:00
Check if you're replying to the list or the author