On Tuesday, 9 October 2018 11:35:28 BST Graeme Gemmill wrote:
> 1.    The DS18S20 is a sensor I happened to have around unused. Tim is
> correct - it doesn't need/use the 5v.

It needs a power supply from somewhere; the Datasheet says that Vdd should be
between 3 and 5.5 V.  Having said that, the device operates in 'Parasite Power
Mode' if Vdd is grounded and derives it's supply from the voltage on the 1-
wire pull-up resistor.  It was still a stretch to imagine that PS voltage
fluctuations were causing your problem, but still worth checking at the time.

> 2.    It WAS the freezer. I turned it off for two hours and the
> oscillation stopped and resumed after switching on again. The air in the

Glad to hear it.

Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-11-06 20:00
Check if you're replying to the list or the author