Hi James,

That's really interesting. If you come to one of the meetings soon we
should chat about it.

I find cyber security interesting, and maybe will start my career in it.
There are too many things I find interesting XD.

Hamish

On 01/10/18 11:59, James Blake wrote:
> I’m not a penetration tester, although I did do that for a while but I was
> more on the social engineering side (which often requires some form of
> delivery mechanism and payload for the mark to execute).
>
> I now a manager of a bliue team capabilities (detection using correlation,
> analytics and hunt; cyber threat intelligence collection, analysis and
> dissemination; triage and investigation; and often a but of digital forensics
> and incident response.  My team have been involved in doing this for about 25
> of the FORTUNE 100 organisations - don’t know if this mailing list gets
> publicly archived so I can’t say who.
>
> In order to be a good blue teamer, you need to understand the attack vectors,
> methodologies and motivations of the (red) attacker - hence knowing how to do
> stuff like this.  If you’re interested in knowing how to conduct a good
> pentest the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) is a good resource;
> to learn about the attack vectors, you can’t go wrong with the MITRE ATT&CK
> Framework; and, finally, one of the most respected exams in this area is the
> Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) which is from the makers of
> the Kali Linux penetration testing distribution - be warned, the training is
> only a starting point for what you need to know so if you sign up for their
> 90 days lab and access to training, you’ll go down lots of rabbit holes
> around learning assembly, reverse engineering, etc to an extent you’ll need
> to read a couple of books on each topic to do well in the 24 hour hands on
> exam (with another 24 hours to finalise and submit the report).
>
> If anyone is considering a career in cyber security and I’m not abroad (which
> is why I can’t attend many of the meetings) I’m happy to share any advice.
>
> Regards
>

> James
>

>> On 1 Oct 2018, at 10:39, Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi James,
>>
>>> You can always write a script in Python using scapy to spam ARP
>>> broadcasts with the IP address associated to the MAC you want.  Most
>>> network stacks will blindly take this and throw out the one they have
>>> cached.
>> nping(1) should also be able to put fake ARP replies onto the wire for
>> those that want to play at home.
>> http://declinesystems.blogspot.com/2012/07/man-in-middle-with-nping.html
>>
>> Cheers, Ralph.
>>
>> --
>> Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-10-02 20:00
>> Check if you're replying to the list or the author
>
> --
> Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-10-02 20:00
> Check if you're replying to the list or the author

Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-11-06 20:00
Check if you're replying to the list or the author