On Sat, 08 Jun 2019 11:51:00 +0100
Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> > >     It seems more likely that the NAS is doing unwanted fiddling,
> > >     perhaps based on client IP address, and serving up different
> > >     results.  You need to poke about its GUI and beat it into shape.
> >
> > There was a change when a router swap went badly wrong, but it
> > normally sits on a static IP.
>
> Are you talking about the router's IP address?  I'm meaning the clients'
> IP addresses.  Perhaps the router has rules about what IP address can
> access what directory buried in its GUI.

I was using a 192.168.168.* range on the router then went to swap the router
which went
badly to the point I had to put the old router back on and swapped back to the
default
192.168.1.* range which was the default on the old router as I had so much of a
problem getting it back up and running. The NAS was set to accept connection
from a specific range
within to old LAN IP range but that was reset once I got the router back up and
running (reset to
cover the entire LAN range 192.168.1.0/24 at present).

There are only a couple of items that run statics (Nas, printer, router) on my
network, the rest are
dhcp.

Tim H

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-07-02 20:00