Hi,

The next meeting is still 3 weeks away, but with the developing COVID-19
situation I thought it might be an idea to ring the Bournemouth Electric Club
to see if they had framed any Policy.

As of now, they are no longer opening Mondays or Tuesdays, so that scuppers
the next meeting straight away.  Apart from that, the likelihood is that the
Government may shut down all places of assembly if the disease progresses as
it has done in Italy and other countries that are a bit ahead of us.

What this probably means is that we are probably going to have to suspend the
meetings for an undefined period; how long that is likely to be varies from one
month to 1-2 years depending on who you listen to.  I for one am already self-
isolating to try to avoid carrying the disease to my wife who has to take
immunosuppressive drugs.  To be effective, that will have to continue at least
until the medical community have come up with a cure and/or a vaccination.

So I'm predicting that whatever we as a group think about the COVID-19
situation, our monthly social meetings will have to be put on hold.

I look forward to the end of this.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00