On Monday, 30 March 2020 14:48:37 BST t...@ls83.eclipse.co.uk wrote:
> I would guess that quite a few of us have a tablet or smartphone with Skype
> installed too - that's what I tend to use rather than running it under
> Linux as it's pretty universal and is just expected to work (which it does
> at least most of the time).

One problem with Skype is that I have no idea how a Conference is set up; does
everyone simply call the convener?

Looking at jitsi, it would appear that the convener simply sets the Meeting up
in Google Calendar and publishes the URL and time.  Everyone with a compatible
browser and plugin then simply surfs to that URL at the appointed time.

Has anyone here actually used it?  Are there any issues?  Do you think it
would work for us?  Barring problems it would appear to be the best compromise
between availability, ease-of-use and functionality.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00