This is interesting:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-silicon-pico-now-on-sale/

It's selling for £3.60 in the UK and comes with analogue inputs and multiple
PWM outputs, so is ideal for the sort of physical computing that we've been
doing at Wimborne Model Town.

Having said that, it is a micro-controller rather that a micro-computer and
comes with a much slower clock and less memory, so it won't run the RPi OS.
It can be programmed with micrpython or C/C++.

At present, we certainly couldn't use these to replace the hardware at WMT
without a significant software re-write.  However, the hardware costs would
have been roughly halved in may cases had it been available three to four
years ago.