Hi,

> I notice that it doesn't have WiFi, and I wonder if it could be programmed
> from the Arduino IDE as 'c' is mentioned. Perhaps that will come. I have been
> using a Wemos D1 which has some of these features plus Wifi, and programmed
> in c.

In my professional work this was often the demarcation line.  Need a network
Ethernet or WiFi then use a SoC and linux or at least a multitasking OS.
Need lowest power and no network, use an MPU and bareback code.

Now for hobby use that equates to, networking use the Pi Zero W or better,
no networking STM32 blue pill and the like.  The Pico even looks like a blue
pill.

The newer F4 based black pills look comparable to the Pico, single core but
it's Cortex-M4 not M0 with hardware floating point and DSP instructions.
Similar price from usual suppliers.  There's a nice write up here:
https://hackaday.com/2021/01/20/blue-pill-vs-black-pill-transitioning-from-stm32f103-to-stm32f411/#more-454155

I suspect the RPi Pico will soon win out just on popular labeling.

All have IDEs available that allow you to program them in C these days,
although my personal method is Vi + gcc + make.

Oh and it's 'C' not 'c' please.

--
        Bob Dunlop