Adding to the last reply.  The tmp folder has 11.3GB of data - is that a copy of the whole file system as it's certainly a large proportion and all Flatpack....... folders.  See original email for sample. If that can all be deleted then that would put me back to about what the original file system was.
Taking over 25 mins to copy so will have a cuppa!

C A Wills