Hi Clive,

> The tmp folder has 11.3GB of data
> and all Flatpack....... folders.

Flatpak has a bug.  Well, one so severe I'd argue it's not fit for
purpose.  It gradually fills /var/tmp.  Probably a bit more on every
boot so if it's a machine which gets booted a lot then it will fill up
more quickly.

As I understand it, a /run/user symlink points the current
/var/tmp/flatpak-cache-* directory but /run is lost, by design, when the
machine stops so when it starts up again a new cache directory is
created and the symlink remade.

The problem with deleting all of those /var/tmp/flatpak-cache-*
directories is that a few of them may be in use at the time.  I don't
have a good suggestion for determining which ones because I don't have
access to a system with Flatpak in use so the best thing I can suggest
is to quit most programs, e.g. LibreOffice and Firefox, then delete the
Flatpak caches, and then reboot so if anything was upset by the deletion
it won't have had long to stay confused.

This will do the delete.

    cd /var/tmp &&
    sudo find -maxdepth 1 -name 'flatpak-cache-*' -exec rm -rf {} +

--
Cheers, Ralph.