On Friday, 4 June 2021 10:10:13 BST John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
> Is it potentially related to this?
>
> https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/01/chromium-sync-google-api-removed
>
> It's not clear to me whether this would break local password storage or not.
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021, 09:38 Terry Coles, <d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk> wrote:

I saw that when the story broke, but assume that it is irrelevant in this
case.  The last para says:

'If you use Chromium for Linux it’s important to know that your sync data will
not be deleted but will only be available locally.'

Also, that change happened in March and password storage has been OK (ish, see
below), until this upgrade.

Having said that, I had noticed that I have been unable to save some new
passwords for some time, but old ones still worked, so maybe it is related and
the upgrade has deleted all the previously stored passwords.