On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 12:22:42 +0100, Terry Coles wrote:
> I was unable to find that directory or the one mentioned by the Mac
> user that  you referred to.

If you go to chrome://version/ in Chromium, then it should tell you
your current Profile Path; the directory where you would find the
Login Data file.

(Source:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/refs/heads/main/docs/user_data_dir.md#Current-Location
 )

Apparently the default Profile location for the snap version is

~/snap/chromium/common/chromium/Default/

(Source: https://superuser.com/a/1325741 )

> Unless someone else has the same problem, I'm left with two choices;
> post a bug on Launchpad or abandon Chromium.

I would call it a bug, even if there does turn out to be a workaround.

This might be the same bug:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1177314

Patrick