Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI @ :
> My apologies, Alexander.
noproblemo, Robert, just my bad moderatorial habits. this is not my personal
forum, feel free ;)

> I do want to say something in relation to Rotor and FreeBSD. The
> original Share Source CLI documents/book mentioned it ran and was
> tested on FreeBSD
> 4.7. I mentioned here how I got it working on FreeBSD 4.8:
> http://weblogs.asp.net/rhurlbut/archive/2003/08/10/23403.aspx
> and later tried on 5.1
> http://weblogs.asp.net/rhurlbut/archive/2003/10/27/33760.aspx
> but has some problems and stopped at that point.
> In May, the last post on this list was from Sebastian Marion
> mentioning he got 14000 when he tried building it on FreeBSD 5.3.

I thought Sebastian was no longer interested so mailed him directly.
We discussed with that point,
he said that he was able to comple SSCLI under FreeBSD 5.2.1

some time ago I patched SSCLI for it to compile in this environment:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~>uname -a
FreeBSD *** 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Mon Apr 18 14:18:26 EEST 2005
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/HOST  i386
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~>gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~>

it took ~50 files to patch.
it was mostly that well-known problem
        "... depend on a template parameter"
not not only that.

> It is a very sad state of affairs when you are hard pressed to keep
> looking for obsolete OSs to build Rotor on successfully.

That's true.
But, again, SSCLI is for academical use, so that's just another challenge to
fix that.
A task for well-trained student ;)

I agree that that's not exactly kind for non-trained-yet one ;)

Alexander Petrossian, Moscow, Russia

P.S. Privatly we discussed couple of GC bugs I've met with Jan Kotas, he
(indirectly) says that we have to wait untill November when
Rotor Whidbey will roll out.

P.P.S
Let's keep our fingers crossed that this last date ;)