And just FYI, to put this into the archives (so hopefully nobody else has to
ask this question :-) ), I got responses from my weblog that posted a number
of different places to find the 4.7 images:

Philip Southam wrote:
Found it after a couple of minutes on google, I cannot vouch for the quality
and/or authenticity.
http://ftp.iranscience.net/pub/FreeBSD/Iso-imagei386/4.7/

Philip Southam wrote:
Just found these as well.
http://ftp.csie.chu.edu.tw/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/4.7/
http://download.norcomcable.ca/Linux/FreeBSD/4.7/
http://galileo.gamepoint.com.au/pub/freebsd/isos/4.7/

So, at least until Rotor Whidbey ships, we've got a resource at which to
find the 4.7 images.

Ted Neward
Author, Instructor, Consultant
Java, .NET, Web services