> On 25/06/2024 17:26 EEST Laura Smith via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
>

> On Tuesday, 25 June 2024 at 15:06, Aki Tuomi via dovecot
> <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
>
> > > On 25/06/2024 16:58 EEST Laura Smith via dovecot dovecot@dovecot.org
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Debian Bookworm (12) was released June 2023.
> > >
> > > It is therefore somewhat disappointing to see no Bookworm packages in
> > > https://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest/debian/
> >

> > We are going to add support for Debian Bookworm to Dovecot 2.4 version.
> >

> Is there any more concrete news on the mysterious 2.4 ?  I found an old post
> from you from 2023 which said "soon" ?

I am aware that we are behind on what we originally estimated to be the release
schedule. However, I would rather we release something that is good and tested,
instead of just dumping something that "might work".

We can already see that the Debian/RedHat patched 2.3 which is offered is
broken because there is more than just "making it compile" with things like
OpenSSL3, and yes, I can appreciate that it's not fully broken, but it's not
fully working either.

We are working hard to get it out as soon as possible, and hopefully that soon
will be during the remainder of the year, very much preferring it to be sooner
than later personally. Unfortunately things sometimes just take more time than
one wants.

Aki