On 5/19/2008 Kenneth Porter wrote:
I have a user who's deleted an important IMAP mailbox and I'm now recovering a recent copy from the backup. But I'd rather just blanket disallow all folder deletions.

Thats pretty drastic - I'd have a rebellion on my hands if I tried that here.

There's only so much you can do to protect people from their own stupidity. I'd say this is one thing you do NOT want to do - otherwise, you're gonna have people bugging you all the time to delete folders for them.

I'm using 1.2.rc15 from CentOS 5 (RHEL5 equivalent).

Actually, that would be 1.0rc15 - and it is way old, time to upgrade... atrpms.net has current versions...