on 5-19-2008 4:07 PM Kenneth Porter spake the following:
Is there a straightforward way to disallow the deletion of all IMAP mailboxes?

I have a user who's deleted an important IMAP mailbox and I'm now recovering a recent copy from the backup. But I'd rather just blanket disallow all folder deletions.

The user is using Thunderbird and this has happened more than once so I suspect Tbird is willing to let a folder get deleted too easily. Perhaps there was a delay in the confirmation dialog and the user clicked ahead and confirmed something he shouldn't have.

You mean thunderbird LET a user do something stupid? Even after asking" Are you sure"?

Go figure!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and