Kyle Wheeler wrote:
Hello,

I currently have a setup on my system with what I call "magic folders" to enable spam filter training. Here's how it works:

    1. If you have a false-negative, put the spam into the Spam.Report
    folder
    2. If you have a false-positive (which has all kinds of ugly
    spamassassin protective markup in it), put the message into the
    Spam.NotSpam folder

Currently what happens is that a cron job comes along every five minutes and processes the messages in those folders. In the case of the NotSpam folder, it strips the message of the spamassassin markup, retrains the bayesian net, and redelivers the message (e.g. via deliver). In the case of the Report folder, the message is used to train the bayesian net (among other things) and then deleted.

I'd love to be able to trigger these actions when the mail is moved, rather than have a cron job inspecting the mailboxes.

I looked into the antispam plugin (http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-antispam), which seems nice but doesn't appear sufficiently generic for my needs. What would really work is if I could get it set up such that putting a message into either of those directories is turned into piping the message to a script of my choosing (a different one for each folder).

Does anyone know a good way of getting my own custom behavior in here, or is my cronjob setup probably the best way?

~Kyle

Hello Kyle,

Have you tried the plugin using the mailtrain backend? Basically it will forward the message, as attachment, to spam/notspam addresses that you define. That includes the use of a %u variable expansion, if you choose to use retrain addresses like like [EMAIL PROTECTED] or something. I've been pretty happy with with it and it scales a lot better than piping the message into a retrain command, since the mail system itself will handle the load in a more intelligent way.

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _