Timo Sirainen wrote:

Thanks for the reply -- I think I can now write a new config to test
these tasty features out.

+ mail_location can now include NO-NOSELECT parameter. This
  automatically deletes any \NoSelect mailboxes that have no children.
  These mailboxes are sometimes confusing to users.

Sorry for my IMAP ignorance, but how can this situation come about?

a CREATE noselectbox/
--> With this change it's the same as CREATE "noselectbox" = will become
selectable.

or

a CREATE noselectbox/childbox
b DELETE noselectbox/childbox
--> noselectbox is left behind. With this change it will be auto-deleted.

So, does that mean empty folders will be auto-deleted, or this wouldn't
affect them?

I think already even with mailbox_list_index=yes it won't notice
external changes done to the mailboxes when doing STATUS calls, so
better to avoid that.  It does get fixed automatically once the folder
is selected though.

I'm running it this way now (concurrent file and dovecot access) and most
users are blithe to it, so I guess it won't be too much worse.  I'll try
aggressive caching and back off if it causes confusion.

Thanks.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>