On 2021-04-30 03:48, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
On 29-04-2021 23:08, @lbutlr wrote:
On 29 Apr 2021, at 03:22, Steve Dondley wrote:
I am totally unfamiliar with Exchange servers. What do they offer, exactly, that dovecot/postfix does not (besides a revenue stream for MS)?

A monthly stipend to Microsoft?

(I think they actuallyy do offer some useful tools for things like
meetings and calendars and such, including the 'feature' of being able
to automatically add people to your itinerary.)

<rant importance=low noise_level=medium>

Fact: Exchange (especially hosted) is 2010-ish, Office365 is the
buzzword these days. Microsoft have been trying their best for quite
some time now to cripple the IMAP support in Outlook as much as they
can so that the email users will move their email business with o365
which - surprise surprise! - is soooo easy to autodiscover,
autoconfigure, autothis, autothat. It's all about integrated services
run by few well known powerful monopolies and it's only gonna get
worse.

</rant>

<rant>

is mozilla thunderbird better in 2021 with no shareing or dokumented ical icard or shared adressbook

simply is seamonkey worse then firefox ?

</rant>

imho its not just microsoft