> That simply isn't true, and I am baffled that you don't know that
> replication works with a two server active/active setup for years now!
> Two separate instances (active/active) on two different continents are a
> completely reliable failover scenario for years now.

Maybe it works like this in your environment? Maybe if the load increases you
run into trouble? The director is making sure you never utilize an
active/active situation from the perspective of user access. The user is only
accessing one server. It is quite a different story when the same user starts
writing to both servers at the same time.