From: Lukas Theussl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 12:35 PM
To: doxia-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: tutorial doxia and maven plugin

See http://maven.apache.org/doxia/book/index.html

The section titles need to match the source documents name, eg

<section>
   <id>section-1</id>
</section>

will get the source from a file apt/section-1.apt, or xdoc/section-1.xml,
etc. You don't have to specify a title tag inside a section, the title will
be taken from the source document. Actually I don't know what the file tag
is for, you certainly don't need it...

HTH,
-Lukas

Giovanni Pedone wrote:

hello,
may you please publish a quick tutorial on how to set up dozia and use it

?

I have a maven project with documentantion generated by "maven site" given a set of xdoc documents under src/site/xdoc with a maven site.xml for generation.

I would like to generate the same docs thru doxia maven plugin and get the output into different formats.

How can I do that?
I dont understand if I need to have the content files named exactly like the sections id defined in the book.xml. Also do I MUST specify title and file tags elements inside the section element of book.xml ?

When I tried the following then I got this error:

[INFO] [doxia:render-books]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
       at $Proxy0.text(Unknown Source)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.docbook.DocBookParser.handleText(DocBook
Parser
.java:686)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.parser.AbstractXmlParser.parseXml(AbstractXmlPa
rser.j
ava:96)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.parser.AbstractXmlParser.parse(AbstractXmlParse
r.java
:53)
       at org.apache.maven.doxia.DefaultDoxia.parse(DefaultDoxia.java:59)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRendere
r.rend
erSection(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:260)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRendere
r.rend
erChapter(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:216)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRendere
r.rend
erBook(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:142)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.DefaultBookDoxia.renderBook(DefaultBookDox
ia.jav
a:126)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo.execute(DoxiaRender
BooksM
ojo.java:214)
       at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugin
Manage
r.java:443)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defau
ltLife
cycleExecutor.java:539)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneG
oal(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defaul
tLifec
ycleExecutor.java:463)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHand
leFail
ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegment
s(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLif
ecycle
Executor.java:143)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
       at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j
ava:39
)
       at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
orImpl
.java:25)
       at
       at
       at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j
ava:39
)
       at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
orImpl
.java:25)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.sink.PipelineSink.invoke(PipelineSink.java:55)
       ... 28 more
Caused by: java.util.EmptyStackException
       at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:79)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.SinkActionContext.getCurrentAction
(SinkA
ctionContext.java:83)
       at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.ITextSink.text(ITextSink.java:1354)
       ... 33 more

This is waht I tried:

-------------------
pom.xml
-------------------
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
<artifactId>doxia-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0-alpha-9</version>
<executions>
 <execution>
   <phase>pre-site</phase>
   <goals>
     <goal>render-books</goal>
   </goals>
 </execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
 <books>
   <book>
     <directory>src/site</directory>
     <descriptor>src/site/book.xml</descriptor>
     <formats>
       <format>
         <id>xdoc</id>
       </format>
<format>
         <id>pdf</id>
       </format>
       <format>
         <id>rtf</id>
       </format>
     </formats>
   </book>
 </books>
</configuration>
</plugin>

-------------------
book.xml:
-------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <book>
 <id>doxia-example-book</id>
 <title>XFire User Manual</title>
 <chapters>
   <chapter>
     <id>bind</id>
     <title>Bindings</title>
     <sections>
       <section>
         <id>bindings</id>
       </section>
     </sections>
   </chapter>
 </chapters>
</book>

-------------------
bindings.xml:
-------------------
<document>
 <properties>
   <title>Page Title</title>
   <author email="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">John Doe</author>
 </properties>
   <section name="bindings">
     ciao ciao gio
   </section>
</document>

------ "La presente comunicazione elettronica contiene informazioni aziendali non private. Eventuali risposte alla presente potrebbero essere conosciute, per motivi organizzativi e di sicurezza, dal personale di Postecom S.p.a."