Hi Tom,

> > Apparently Firefox doesn't like using innerText on div's.
> > Try this again, method 2:
> >   http://reliableanswers.com/x/dqsd/ggd-discover.asp
> > (you'll need to copy/paste the source for
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=dqsd in there again)
>
> Doing this in Firefox gives : Failure! Could not determine
> key. The same in IE :-(

This would happen only if the key did not exist in the Google Search
page. Sorry to ask:

1) Are you sure you have Google Desktop installed and running?

2) Did you disable the 'Google Integration' option in Google Desktop
to 'Show Desktop Search results on Google Web Search result pages'?

It won't work, of course, if it's not installed. The detection
method (though NOT the search) also requires the 'Google
Integration' to be enabled. After determining your Google Desktop
Key and setting the DQSD variable to that effect, you no longer need
to have the Google Integration option enabled.

Regards,

Shawn K. Hall
http://ReliableAnswers.com/

    So busy I don't have two minutes to rub together.