I tried removing everything except the examples, so my file contained:

movie|ym
mov|movie
sf|http://sourceforge.net/|SourceForge|SourceForge main web site
sfp|http://sourceforge.net/projects/%s|SourceForge project page|SourceForge
project page - Ex. "sfp dqsd"
excel|run excel
exp|run explorer /e, "%s"
tulsa|map %s, Tulsa, OK
word|run winword|Microsoft Word|Start Microsoft Word|Microsoft Office
cp|run control|Control Panel

Then I tested each one. A few worked, most didn't. I hope someone sees a
pettern here!

movie   doesn't work (ym does)
mov     doesn't work
sf      works