From: David Reed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Problems with NAnt.Solution task [was RE: [Draconet-users]
Vault and Draconet?]

> Hehe, well I just posted on the nant list about relative paths in
> <webmap>. This is the most obvious solution and maybe I'll look at the
> nant source for this task and see what I can do.

Good luck.  I'll watch the fireworks with interest.  There are some
smarter people than I on that list, so perhaps they can imagine a
solution that I can't at the moment.

> By the way what script were you referring to?
>
> Basically the solution file has to converted from
> http://localhost/mayapp to "myapp/myapp.vbproj" or whatever then the
> proj file changed from web to "local" and I think that is it.

Yes.  Something like the following <script/> task is what I used before,
and the output worked for me using DEVENV.EXE (I don't have immediate
access to the project history at the moment, but I'll look for it later
if you have trouble):

<script language="C#"><code><![CDATA[
public static void ScriptMain( Project project )
{
    // UNDONE: Replace the pseudo code below with working C#.
    /*
     * I like to test in a console app or using NUnit on an assembly
first,
     * because, like all good PHBs, I'm terribly Intellisense dependent.
;)
     */

    // 1. Read the solution file into a variable, using whichever
System.IO
    //    class you like best.
    // 2. Replace "http://"; with String.Empty and "/" with "\".
    // 3. Overwrite the solution file with the munged version.

    // 4. Read each project file into a variable, using whichever
System.IO
    //    class you like best.
    // 5. Replace "Web" with "Local".
    // 6. Overwrite each project file with the munged version.

    // ?. Use the solution task to build the converted solution/projects
and
    //    hope for the best.  (I didn't do this, I used <exec/> to call
    //    DEVENV.EXE.
}
]]></code></script>

The only reason I didn't continue doing this was because calling
DEVENV.EXE with <exec/> was grossly lacking in helpfulness when a build
failed...  It only reported a build failure (which was the obvious
part), but not why specifically...

> By the way I think webprojects (loaded via http) are history in
Whidbey.

Amen, brother!  Go tell it on the mountain.